Moon Graffiti: Spine-chilling Storytelling at it's Finest



     Growing up, I used to travel with my family by car to just about anywhere and everywhere, and during the trips we always had a habit to listen to whatever podcast or audio book that my parents hooked up. This usually meant NPR, Adam Carolla, or whatever random melodramatic historical novel they could find, but rarely ever did we actually listen to any audio drama.

    Now I'm off on my own, and have had the pleasure to lay down and listen to Moon Graffiti, which is only lacking in the fact that it's too short for my tastes - I was searching for the sequel that didn't exist after I was finished! The way this story is told is truly novel: The chilling speech that the drama opens up with and it's historical accuracy only makes the fictional body of the drama that much more interesting and thrilling. The utter silence that is the moon is still somehow captured when the two voice actors 'put their helmets on' and switch to radio chatter, investigating their surroundings to find no communications, no fuel, and above all, no hope of rescue. The dialogue that follows shows the two characters and their deteriorating psyches as their oxygen supply slowly but surely runs out.


    The chill that Moon Graffiti sent down my spine is something that blockbuster thrillers like Get Out or 127 Hours haven't been able to give me. The premise, performance, and delivery of the drama is excellent, and something that I won't forget anytime soon. Time for me for sign off and look for some thriller or horror audio dramas, as they seem to be the one thing that can leave me pleasantly disturbed.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Experimenting with Song Editing

Week 4 in Summary